California Family Lawyers Representing Family Law Clients in Rancho Cucamonga
Approximately 40 miles east of Los Angeles is the suburban city of Rancho Cucamonga, an area that has, on many occasions, enjoyed some time in the spotlight being featured on several Bugs Bunny cartoons, The Simpsons. It is also the title for the sixth track on albums from both Frank Zappa and the Grateful Dead. Despite being so popular and deemed the 42nd most desirable city on Money magazine’s “Best Places to Live” list, the city’s population has yet to grow beyond 200,000 residents.
Rancho Cucamonga is home to many young families, with over 40% of all households in the area having children under the age of 18 and over 25% of the entire population being children below that age.
Child Custody in Rancho Cucamonga
While the resources and education system in the area itself make it one that is ideal for families to reside, not all parents of a household stay together. When one or both parents decide to either legally separate or divorce, one of the major issues in these situations is child custody.
Child custody agreements involve three basic areas:
- Physical Custody: This determines where the child will permanently reside (i.e. sole custody or joint custody);
- Legal Custody: This determines which parent has the right and responsibility to make important decisions on their child’s behalf such as health, education, and welfare;
- Visitation Rights: Should sole custody be attained by a parent, then a plan must be put in place so that the non-custodial parent is still able to spend time with his or her child or children.
When the courts look at child custody, they do so while keeping the child’s best interests in mind.
All too many times parents have been badly disadvantaged because they did not protect their rights during this often emotion-fueled process. At the law office of Joyce Holcomb we not only help clients establish fair and reasonable custody agreements, but we also assist parents in making modifications to any existing court order arrangements.
To discuss your particular situation, we invite you to call us at the law office of Joyce Holcomb at 909-889-7111 to arrange a free initial consultation.
Directions to San Bernardino Family Attorney from Rancho Cucamonga, CA
These directions are from Google Maps starting from:
Rancho Cucamonga, CA 91739
Total Est. Time: 27 mins
Total Est. Distance: 21.6 mi
- Head east on E Foothill Blvd toward Ramona Ave
- Turn left onto Haven Ave
- Turn right to merge onto CA-210 E
- Take the Interstate 215 N exit toward Barstow
- Keep right at the fork and merge onto I-215 S
- Take the West 3rd Street/West 2nd Street exit
- Continue straight
- Turn left onto W 2nd St
- Turn left onto N D St
We are located at:
215 N. “D” Street, Suite 305
San Bernardino, CA 92401
A year and a half ago, before I hired Ms. Holcomb, my ex and I tried to handle the divorce ourselves using the assistance of one of those “divorce mill” attorneys (Uncontested Divorce). My understanding is that these specific attorneys don’t side wit…
When I called the offices of Joyce Holcomb, I was in a position were I felt as though I was at the end of my rope. My case had been going for over 2 years. I had an attorney previously and she had failed to move my case forward. It seemed to me that…