California Family Lawyers Representing Family Law Clients in Colton
The city of Colton is situated in the Inland Empire, approximately 57 miles away from Los Angeles in San Bernardino County. Colton provides great opportunities for sightseeing, hiking and running, and a variety of indoor and outdoor recreation, arts and culture, and tours.
Its comprehensive transportation network and new business and residential developments provide employment opportunities and stimulate interest in the city.
Colton occupies a total land area of 15.3 square miles and an estimated population of 52,150. It has around 11,740 families with approximately 3.86 members in each. When families change their circumstances as a result of divorce or legal separation, maintaining the financial support of children can become an issue between former partners.
Child support refers to the monetary obligation that a parent or parents owe to their children. When one parent refuses to provide for a child’s needs, a court order may help in the enforcement of the parent’s obligation. A parent may be obliged to provide regular child support until the child turns 18 or 19.
This support order may be included in any of the following cases:
- Divorce, legal separation or annulment case
- Petition to establish a parental relationship (for parents who are not married to one another)
- Restraining order arising from domestic violence case
If you or someone you know is in the process of dissolving a marriage or terminating a relationship, an experienced Colton family lawyer will provide the sound advice you need. This may include preparing forms, explaining court procedures, and calculating child support using relevant guidelines.
Servicing Colton, California, the law office of Joyce M. Holcomb has years of experience in helping clients obtain the outcomes they deserve. We also handle other legal matters for families such as adopting a child, purchasing property and estate planning. Contact us today at 909-889-7111 to arrange an appointment to discuss your family law concerns.
Directions to San Bernardino Family Attorney from Colton, CA
These directions are from Google Maps starting from:
Colton, CA 92324
Total Est. Time: 7 mins
Total Est. Distance: 2.7 mi
- Take Colton Ave, S Inland Center Dr, I-215 N and W 2nd St to N D St in San Bernardino
- Head northeast on Colton Ave toward Larch Ave
- Continue onto S Inland Center Dr
- Turn left
- Use the left lane to take the ramp onto I-215 N
- Use the right 2 lanes to take exit 43 for West 2nd Street toward West 3rd Street
- Turn right onto W 2nd St
- Continue on N D St to your destination
- Turn left onto N D St
- Turn left
- Destination will be on the right
We are located at:
Vanir Tower, 290 North D Street, Suite 902,
San Bernardino, CA 92401