California Family Lawyers Representing Family Law Clients in Crestline
Crestline has a population of 10,770 and is located in the beautiful San Bernardino Mountains. The city has many recreational activities for those who love the outdoors including:
- Mountain biking
- Bird watching
Local families enjoy the Crestline great outdoors, with the aim of keeping active and healthy in a natural environment. Despite best intentions though, relationship and family breakdowns do occur here, as they do in any other place. When this happens it is best to obtain professional legal advice from the outset.
Helping Crestline Spouses Obtain Needed Support
During a divorce, one spouse can seek spousal support, or alimony, from the other. It is also notable that a spousal support order issued a few years ago may not be adequate or may no longer be needed. This is where spousal support modification and termination may be pursued. A qualified spousal support attorney can assist with this process.
Modifying or Terminating Spousal Support in Crestline
Securing a family law attorney to assist you with modifying or terminating a spousal support order is essential. A family law attorney is able to best advise you on whether an order can be modified or terminated.
Oftentimes, an order will have specific provisions giving the supported spouse conditions he or she has to fulfill, or giving a timeframe for when the spousal support will end. Additionally, circumstances can change warranting a change in the alimony being paid each month.
To modify a support order, the spouse has to show that there has been a change in circumstances since the support order was made. A change in circumstances must be significant. Some factors that may warrant a modification include:
- Change in income
- Lack of a good faith effort to become self-supporting
- No longer needing support
If the spouses or partners can agree on a modification, the parties can submit their agreement to a family law judge. However, if the parties cannot agree, a motion for modification of the spousal support amount must be filed.
The same process of filing a motion must be followed if one desires to end a support order unless the order has a specific end date or terms.
Obtain a consultation on your support order
If you currently have a spousal support order and would like to modify or terminate it, consulting with a family law attorney is the first step to take. Here at the law office of Joyce Holcomb, we have years of experience handling modifications and terminations of support orders. Ms. Holcomb’s knowledge of California family law helps point her clients in the right direction and allows them to obtain a favorable outcome in their claim.
To arrange a free 45-minute consultation, we welcome your call at 909-889-7111.
Directions to San Bernardino Family Attorney from Crestline, CA
These directions are from Google Maps starting from:
Crestline, CA 92325
Total Est. Time: 26 mins
Total Est. Distance: 18.0 mi
- Follow Lake Dr to CA-138 E
- Head northwest on Pioneer Camp Rd toward Rocky Dell
- Continue onto Lake Dr
- Slight left to stay on Lake Dr
- Slight right to stay on Lake Dr
- Take CA-18 to your destination in San Bernardino. Take exit 43 from I-215 S
- Merge onto CA-138 E
- Keep left at the fork, follow signs for San Bernardino and merge onto CA-18
- Use the 2nd from the right lane to turn right onto E 30th St
- Use the left 2 lanes to turn left to merge onto CA-210 W toward I-215/Los Angeles/Riverside
- Use the right 2 lanes to take exit 75B for CA-259 S toward I-215 S/Riverside
- Continue onto CA-259 S
- Keep left and merge onto I-215 S
- Use the right 2 lanes to take exit 43 for 3rd St toward 2nd St
- Continue on W 2nd St to your destination
- Use the left 2 lanes to turn left onto W 2nd St
- Turn left onto N D St
- Turn left
- Destination will be on the right
We are located at:
Vanir Tower, 290 North D Street, Suite 902,
San Bernardino, CA 92401