California Family Lawyers Representing Family Law Clients in Redlands
Forming part of San Bernardino County, the city of Redlands is situated approximately 10 miles from downtown San Bernardino. Redlands provides a wide selection of sightseeing, dining and shopping opportunities. Its economy is sustained by major companies such as Esri, a geographic information systems software company, Five Ten Footwear, Gill Batteries, and La-Z-Boy.
Redlands has a total land area of 36.14 square miles and has a dry-summer subtropical climate marked by warm summers and mild winters. There are approximately 24,764 households in Redland of which 17,062 are families with an average size of 3.21 members.
Child custody cases in Redlands
Redlands’ families are not immune to family and relationship breakdowns, and changes in family relations such as divorce or legal separation can lead to issues relating to child custody.
Determining which parent should live with the child or children and exercise legal authority can be a challenge when both parents insist on obtaining sole child custody. In California, the guiding principle in determining child custody is that frequent and continuing contact with both parents after divorce or separation is best for the child. Therefore, courts favor joint custody arrangements and encourage voluntary agreements between parents.
However, it is not always possible for parents to agree on a joint custody arrangement, particularly when there is animosity between former spouses or partners. A family court having jurisdiction over the case can issue a court order on child custody after careful consideration of various factors such as:
- The child’s gender, age, and physical and mental health
- The lifestyle of the parents
- The parents’ mental and physical health
- The impact on the child if the status quo is changed
The standard in every case is the ‘best interests’ of the child.
If you are in the process of dissolving your marriage or ending your partnership and a child or children are involved, your family lawyer can help you enter into appropriate parenting agreements and submit them to the family court for its approval.
In Redlands, California, the law office of Joyce Holcomb has years of experience in child custody cases, helping clients create and negotiate parenting agreements, and ultimately obtain successful outcomes in custody battles in court. We also handle other family law matters such as adoption and estate planning.
We invite you to call us today at 909-889-7111 to arrange a free consultation to discuss your particular situation.
Directions to San Bernardino Family Attorney from Redlands, CA
These directions are from Google Maps starting from:
Redlands, CA 92375
Total Est. Time: 15 mins
Total Est. Distance: 9.7 mi
- Get on I-10 W from Citrus Ave, Nevada St and Orange Tree Ln
- Head east toward Kansas St
- Turn right onto Kansas St
- Turn right onto W State St
- Continue onto Citrus Ave
- Turn right onto Nevada St
- Turn left onto Orange Tree Ln
- Turn left onto California St
- Turn right to merge onto I-10 W
- Continue on I-10 W. Take I-215 N to W 2nd St in San Bernardino. Take exit 43 from I-215 N
- Merge onto I-10 W
- Use the right 2 lanes to take exit 72 to merge onto I-215 N toward San Bernardino/Barstow
- Use the right 2 lanes to take exit 43 for West 2nd Street toward West 3rd Street
- Continue on W 2nd St to your destination
- Turn right onto W 2nd St
- Turn left onto N D St
- Turn left
- Destination will be on the right
We are located at:
Vanir Tower, 290 North D Street, Suite 902,
San Bernardino, CA 92401