California Family Lawyers Representing Family Law Clients in Rancho Cucamonga
Approximately 40 miles east of Los Angeles is the suburban city of Rancho Cucamonga, an area that has, on many occasions, enjoyed some time in the spotlight being featured on several Bugs Bunny cartoons, The Simpsons. It is also the title for the sixth track on albums from both Frank Zappa and the Grateful Dead. Despite being so popular and deemed the 42nd most desirable city on Money magazine’s “Best Places to Live” list, the city’s population has yet to grow beyond 200,000 residents.
Rancho Cucamonga is home to many young families, with over 40% of all households in the area having children under the age of 18 and over 25% of the entire population being children below that age.
Child Custody in Rancho Cucamonga
While the resources and education system in the area itself make it one that is ideal for families to reside, not all parents of a household stay together. When one or both parents decide to either legally separate or divorce, one of the major issues in these situations is child custody.
Child custody agreements involve three basic areas:
- Physical Custody: This determines where the child will permanently reside (i.e. sole custody or joint custody);
- Legal Custody: This determines which parent has the right and responsibility to make important decisions on their child’s behalf such as health, education, and welfare;
- Visitation Rights: Should sole custody be attained by a parent, then a plan must be put in place so that the non-custodial parent is still able to spend time with his or her child or children.
When the courts look at child custody, they do so while keeping the child’s best interests in mind.
All too many times parents have been badly disadvantaged because they did not protect their rights during this often emotion-fueled process. At the law office of Joyce Holcomb, we not only help clients establish fair and reasonable custody agreements, but we also assist parents in making modifications to an existing court order arrangements.
Directions to San Bernardino Family Attorney from Rancho Cucamonga, CA
These directions are from Google Maps starting from:
Rancho Cucamonga, CA 91739
Total Est. Time: 27 mins
Total Est. Distance: 21.9 mi
- Get on CA-210 E
- Head south toward Archibald Ave
- Turn right onto Archibald Ave
- Turn right to merge onto CA-210 E
- Continue on CA-210 E to San Bernardino. Take exit 43 from I-215 S
- Merge onto CA-210 E
- Use the right 2 lanes to take exit 74 to merge onto I-215 S toward Riverside
- Use the right 2 lanes to take exit 43 for 3rd St toward 2nd St
- Continue on W 2nd St to your destination
- Use the left 2 lanes to turn left onto W 2nd St
- Turn left onto N D St
- Turn left
- Destination will be on the right
We are located at:
Vanir Tower, 290 North D Street, Suite 902,
San Bernardino, CA 92401