California Family Lawyers Representing Family Law Clients in Lake Arrowhead
Lake Arrowhead is nestled in the San Bernardino Mountains within the San Bernardino National Forest. It has a population of 12,424. The community’s economy is largely based on tourism with several million dollars a year coming from the over 4 million visitors to the area.
Lake Arrowhead locals enjoy the outdoorsy feel that surrounds the community. However, despite the idyllic physical beauty of the town, it has the same social issues as other areas of the United States, including those in relationships and families who experience conflict. When this occurs, it is best to consult with an experienced family law attorney who is in touch with the needs of the local community.
Assisting Lake Arrowhead Families with Child Custody Disputes
When children are involved in a divorce, there is often a dispute as to which parent will take primary custody of the children. One parent may feel he or she will provide the most adequate and fit environment for the children, whereas the other may feel the opposite.
A lawyer experienced with custodial conflicts can assist with the legal process involved in filing for joint or sole custody of children.
Child Custody Issues in Lake Arrowhead
In California, a family court judge must consider the best interests of the children when determining which parent will be awarded custody. California law itself only has two policies for awarding custody to one parent over the other:
- The health, safety, and welfare of the children, which is of primary concern;
- That children benefit from continuing and frequent contact with both parents.
A judge may consider any factors that fall within these two guidelines. Child custody disputes cannot be determined on a one-size-fits-all basis, so the individual circumstances of each situation must be evaluated.
Things that can affect whether a parent will be awarded custody include:
- Habitual or continual illegal drug use
- Alcohol abuse
- A history of sexual or physical child abuse
- A history of domestic violence against the children’s mother or father
- A child’s parental preference
- Whether one parent will encourage a positive relationship between the child and the other parent, and vice versa
- Whether either parent can provide stability in the child’s environment
Get a legal consultation on your child custody dispute
If you are involved in a child custody dispute, consulting with an experienced family law attorney is a step in the right direction, and Joyce Holcomb has years of experience handling Lake Arrowhead area child custody disputes. With her extensive knowledge of California child custody guidelines, coupled with care and compassion, Ms. Holcomb will work diligently to obtain the very best possible outcome in your case.
For a free 45-minute consultation, we welcome your call at 909-889-7111.
Directions to San Bernardino Family Attorney from Lake Arrowhead, CA
These directions are from Google Maps starting from:
Lake Arrowhead, CA 92352
Total Est. Time: 35 mins
Total Est. Distance: 24.7 mi
- Follow CA-173 E to CA-18
- Head southwest on Mittry Dr toward CA-173 W
- Turn left onto CA-173 E
- Continue on CA-18 to San Bernardino. Take exit 43 from I-215 S
- Turn right onto CA-18
- Use the 2nd from the right lane to turn right onto E 30th St
- Use the left 2 lanes to turn left to merge onto CA-210 W toward I-215/Los Angeles/Riverside
- Use the right 2 lanes to take exit 75B for CA-259 S toward I-215 S/Riverside
- Continue onto CA-259 S
- Keep left and merge onto I-215 S
- Use the right 2 lanes to take exit 43 for 3rd St toward 2nd St
- Continue on W 2nd St to your destination
- Use the left 2 lanes to turn left onto W 2nd St
- Turn left onto N D St
- Turn left
- Destination will be on the right
We are located at:
Vanir Tower, 290 North D Street, Suite 902,
San Bernardino, CA 92401