California Family Lawyers Representing Family Law Clients in Loma Linda
Loma Linda has a population of 23,261. The city’s areas originally had two separate names – Mound City for the central area and Bryn Mawr for the eastern area. Loma Linda means “beautiful hill” in Spanish.
The city has quite a few accomplishments under its belt including:
- The first human heart transplant
- The first split-brain surgery
- One of the three places in the world with the highest longevity, according to National Geographic Magazine
- Many restaurants that feature a vegetarian menu to accommodate a large amount of Seventh Day Adventists in the city
There are a great many family-oriented facilities in Loma Linda, including schools, sports fields, and parks. However, in this town, just as in every other one in the U.S., family breakdown occurs.
Assisting Loma Linda Families with Custody Disputes
When a family is facing the divorce, oftentimes the children are at the center of it. Both parents may want custody of the children, with one or both parents frequently wanting full custody.
Should this happen to you, it is important to secure the services of an experienced family law attorney. Joyce Holcomb has been practicing family law for almost a decade in the San Bernardino area, including Loma Linda. She understands the high tension and emotions that surround custody disputes, and she delivers her legal advice with care and compassion.
Loma Linda Child Custody
Child custody disputes encompass a wide variety of issues including:
- Custody arrangements
- Visitation rights
- Modification of custody and/or visitation rights
- Child custody order enforcement
- Grandparent visitation
- Decisions relating to the upbringing of children
- Juvenile delinquency and dependency proceedings
Child custody disputes can be resolved in two ways, through mediation or through litigation.
Mediation is the optimal way to solve a child custody dispute if the parents have an amicable relationship. Mediation allows the parties to set aside any hostility and anger, encouraging the parties to agree on things involving their children. Mediation is predictable, calm, and allows parents to remain in charge of the decisions affecting their children.
If a custody dispute is highly contentious and parents are unable to work together, litigation may be pursued. While more stressful and unpredictable, a competent and experienced child custody attorney can make the custody litigation process more understandable while ensuring that the children and the parental rights involved are protected.
Call now for a free 45-minute consultation
Joyce Holcomb is a certified family law specialist. She has experience in both child custody mediation and child custody litigation. With passion and understanding, Ms. Holcomb will fight to protect your parental rights while keeping your children’s best interests in mind.
For a free 45-minute initial consultation, she welcomes your call at 909-889-7111.
Directions to San Bernardino Family Lawyer from Loma Linda, CA
These directions are from Google Maps starting from:
Loma Linda, CA 92357
Total Est. Time: 11 mins
Total Est. Distance: 6.2 mi
- Head north on Anderson St toward Barton Rd
- Take the 1st left onto Barton Rd
- Take the 3rd right onto S Waterman Ave
- Turn left onto the I-215 ramp
- Keep right at the fork, follow signs for Interstate 215 N/San Bernardino/Barstow and merge onto I-215 N
- Take the West 2nd Street exit toward West 3rd Street
- Turn right onto W 2nd St
- Turn left onto N D St
We are located at:
215 N. “D” Street, Suite 305
San Bernardino, CA 92401